Solaria I, Solaria
Right beside the water’s edge, Solaria I is artistically detailed with beautiful, locally crafted hardwood furniture and brightly colored artwork – the photos can’t do the sheer size and beauty of this villa justice! Elegantly rustic, the interior is finished by an award winning architectural interior designer and creates a true indoor-outdoor living environment, with modern, clean lines to enhance the natural beauty of the surroundings. The substantial 5,000 square ft property comprises:
Four double bedrooms:
- Expansive master bedroom with king size bed and sumptuous armchiars, opening directly onto a private beachfront veranda with panoramic ocean views.
- Large second bedroom with king size bed. A private veranda provides a perfect place for spotting birds amid the mangroves and watching the sun set over the lagoon.
- Two further bedrooms with queen size beds, opening onto a connecting veranda with views of the lagoon and mangroves.
- Double sofa bed in master bedroom to accommodate larger groups.
All bedrooms are en suite with walk-in showers tiled in iridescent glass mosaics. The rooms have Italian silk bed spreads and bespoke, locally made hardwood furniture and fittings.
- Three story tropical atrium with sweeping spiral wooden staircase.
- Spacious gourmet kitchen perfect for entertaining, or have a private chef come and do it for you.
- Open plan living and dining area, which opens onto a broad circular veranda looking out over the Caribbean Sea.
Solaria I is a private residence and has a dedicated on-site caretaker, daily housekeeping and a concierge to take care of all the details to ensure your stay is as effortless and memorable. Your concierge will be happy to liaise in advance to understand your preferences and to make recommendations on tours, excursions, private chefs, provisions, in villa spa treatments and much more.
Solaria I has all the amenities you need for your vacation as follows:
- Exotic deep water swimming pool and tropical gardens
- Outdoor gas grill
- Use of snorkel gear, bikes (4) and kayaks (2)
- Broadband wi-fi internet connection throughout the villa
- iPod docking stations and DVD collection with flat screen TV
- Cable TV
- Travel guides and reading library
- Local cell phone for use throughout your stay
- Personal Concierge
- Daily maid service
- Air conditioning (central)
With a spectacular open plan great room comprising a large gourmet kitchen, dining area, lounge area and 180 degree sweeping verandah, Solaria is the perfect place for dining in or having a private chef come and do all the work for you. Your Solaria concierge works with various private chefs offering differing styles of cuisine and formality. Whether a Belizean banquet, a fresh fish BBQ or a gourmet international chef’s table, it can all be arranged.
Your neighbour at Solaria is Rendezvous Restaurant, a delightful Thai/fusion restaurant offering ‘cuisine exotica’ – beautifully prepared and presented tasty appetizers, fresh catch, carnivore’s special and their must try signature pad thai noodles. Glenn and Colleen have been at Rendezvous for 13 years and are warm, welcoming and fun hosts.
To the south of Solaria is Las Terrazas Resort which has an on site international restaurant and pool bar. Further north is the award winning Rojo Lounge at Azul Resort, a hip and loungey spot with a to die for drinks list. Chef Jeff’s ‘tropical lounge cuisine’ has won Fodor’s Choice 5 years running. Mambo at Mata Chica Resort has an eclectic international menu and benefits from having a complimentary boat that will collect you and return you to the dock.
Standard Rates: May 1 – Dec 19, 2016 = US $649 per night plus 9% hotel tax
Peak Holiday Rates: Dec 20 – Jan 2, 2017 – US $1,400 per night plus 9% hotel tax
High Season Rates: Jan 3 – Apr 30, 2017 – US $900 per night plus 9% hotel tax
Please note Solaria does not charge an additional 8 – 10% service charge typically charged in other resorts. Gratuities for resort staff welcome!
The owners of Solaria I donate 10% of their rental income to Liberty Children’s Home, an orphanage in Belize.
- Round trip transfers from San Pedro Airstrip.
- Welcome basket, with a few ‘essentials’ of tropical fruit, juice, milk, bread, coffee, and locally-made treats
- Daily housekeeping
- On site caretaker and groundskeeper
- Solaria Resort requires a 5 night minimum stay (7 nights during Holiday Season), however, exceptions may be made based on availability.
Please view our booking terms.
Perfect for a relaxing holiday – “We had the pleasure of staying in Solaria I in May 2010. This extremely spacious house, situated right on the white sandy beach, with uninterrupted views of the barrier reef, proved to be the perfect home for a relaxing holiday. The house has high ceilings and a grand spiral staircase giving a sense of great space. The bedrooms are very comfortable with lovely bed linen and the two master suites are huge. The lounge is on the second floor and commands a magical view out to sea and is a great place to relax. This house is not for those who want the trappings of the high tech world but wonderful if you want to leave all that behind and escape your busy lives in a stunning setting. It is very peaceful and a joy for me was sitting on the balcony in the breeze looking out to sea where you can observe the pelicans, frigate birds and boats passing by. Enjoy!” Chris, Cambridge, England
Incredible villa with stunning views – “Peaceful paradise with plenty to do, even if lying on the beach is not your thing. Incredible villa, beautifully designed with stunning views. Home away from home with first class service – no request too big or small. Can’t wait to go back.” Ruth, Cheltenham, England
A little slice of paradise! – “We stayed at Solaria for a week in March 2009 and had the most amazing time! The villa is really spacious and luxurious and is very conveniently located right on the beach, next to a lovely restaurant and within easy reach of a dive shop – very handy for snorkeling and diving trips! Rachael looked after us incredibly well, organising catamaran trips, fishing trips and her local knowledge of just about everything on the island (particularly anything food related!) is unsurpassed. One of my favourite things about Solaria was the enormous bedroom and being able to wake up every day to views of the spectacular sea. There is also a fantastic balcony, ideal for aperitifs and watching the world go by… All in all, it was a little slice of paradise! Thank you for looking after us, Rachael – we will come again!”. Francesca, Milan, Italy
Luxury right next to the sea – “Solaria has breath-taking views, is perfectly located for a relaxing getaway in paradise and is right next to an amazing coral reef! I loved the wooden interior giving the place a natural feel, in tune with its surroundings, and the pool was the perfect way to cool off at the end of the day. I’d definitely go back and would recommend Solaria to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing beach holiday who wants a bit of luxury right next to the sea”. Barnaby, Cornwall, England