Blancaneaux’s imaginative and well equipped amenities and facilities include:
- The gift shop, where the unique local artisan made items are personally selected by Eleanor Coppola.
- The on site horse riding stables, offering equestrian sightseeing tours through the lowlands of the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve.
- The organic garden, growing all the organic vegetables and many of the fruits used at the lodge. The elevation and cool evening temperatures make it possible to grow a range of leaf lettuces, radishes, beans, carrots and beets as well as fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, cilantro and dill.
- The natural waters of Privassion Creek provide some of the reserve’s best natural swimming holes. You can swim in the deep, cool pools close to the lodge or explore the hidden rock pools leading to the stunning Big Rock Falls, a must see.
- The fresh water infinity pool at the lodge is decorated with brightly-colored ceramic tiles and surrounded by a stone patio. Handmade mahogany sun loungers surround the edge of the pool while the ‘Pool Captains’ are on-hand to provide towels and take drinks orders from the bar.
- The Waterfall Spa offers a variety of treatments, wraps and massages, as well as access to rejuvenating hot pools overlooking cascading waterfalls. The spa specializes in the art of Thai massage and features professionally trained staff that have studied the ancient techniques at the Sacred Wat Pho Temple in Bangkok.
With regards to tours, experiences and adventures, Blancaneaux offers something for all interest and activity levels using professional and knowledgeable guides. The all-encompassing list of things to do includes:
- Horseback riding
- Moonlight jaguar quest excursions
- Mountain biking
- Excursions to ancient Mayan cities
- Cave explorations
- Natural history workshops